ANNOUNCEMENT - PARKING TODAY MEDIA
FREE EMPLOYMENT ADS
Effective until further notice, employment ads can be placed in Parking Today’s print edition and on line at no charge. Please send any such ads to email@example.com and she will take it from there.
If there is anything the Parking Today family can do to assist in these troubled times, just let us know.
John Van Horn
Editor and Publisher
ANNOUNCEMENT - SERVICES
FREE HELP AVAILABLE FROM SMARKING
During this time of uncertainty, our clients have reached out to us for additional support. It's a tough time for everyone so we'd like to extend the professional services below to everyone in our community, free of charge.
- Proactive plans on staffing adjustments based on occupancy projections
- Revenue loss projection analysis
- Re-budgeting services based on historical and broad market data
- Creating a pre-sale parking program
- Other support we can provide by leveraging data analytics such as a revenue forecast and an industry benchmark
Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take it from there! If there's anything not listed where you can use support, feel free to schedule time with us to chat. Hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
- The Smarking Team
Reporting to the Managing Director, the VP of Sales & Operations Manager will be the leading force behind the sales and operations teams for an international PARCS manufacture. You would be responsible for growing the business, increasing the customer portfolio, and gaining regional market share in the West.
The company is an established top-three player in Europe with a vanguard product portfolio to support its success. Being underrepresented in the US, it’s looking to you to capture market share, a more extensive customer base, and maintain a healthy bottom line. To accomplish this, you would be responsible for creating a profitable business model by which verticals the PARCS solutions would best serve. Another important responsibility is to help create and manage the right sales infrastructure throughout the US. You will be measured on individual and group targets to deliver sales results.
- Be an experienced sales and operations specialist, bring a proven track record with hands-on sales and leadership qualities in both sales and operations.
- Have an apt balance of sales skills and the follow-through to see the sale to the commissioning of the customer's investment.
- The culture demands a hands-on approach and attention to detail mentality.
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset with good listening, networking, and follow-up is imperative for the success of this role.
- Be able to work independently and responsibly while creating a pleasant atmosphere and a result-driven work environment.
- Hold people firmly but fairly accountable for performance and ensure sufficient resolution of conflicts with team members and customers.
- Promote employee development and self-reliance.
Offering an attractive compensation package that includes a $115k base salary, up to $170k with OTE commission, and excellent corporate benefits.
Find out more, contact email@example.com
FDC is looking for Self-Motivated, Experienced service technicians to work on parking and access revenue control systems. Typical equipment consists of pay stations, ticket dispensers, exit verifiers, barrier gates, credit card terminals, network servers, CCTV and more. Work is indoor/outdoor with travel to various sites throughout the day.
Responsibilities include installations, maintenance and repairs to:
• Access control systems including card readers, keypads and more
• Revenue parking equipment
• Gate operators and automatic doors
• CCTV and surveillance systems
• Electrical/Mechanical Experience
• Experience installing commercial access & CCTV systems
• Understanding of electrical circuits and wiring in Low Voltage applications
• Basic understanding of computer networking & set-up
• Knowledge of cabling (Cat5e, Cat6, Coaxial)
• Computer Software & Email skills
• Detail oriented in solo or team environment
• Ability to travel to various sites throughout Florida daily
• Flexible Schedule
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Good customer service skills
• Clean Driving Record
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day management of tier-1/2 customer phone, email and ticket requests, operating within ADVAM’s ITIL aligned Service Delivery framework. Interfacing with ADVAM Development teams who operate using an AGILE framework.
Problem solving and troubleshooting of both industry standard and bespoke software operating platforms and payment terminal systems. Responsible for performing daily checks on ADVAM’s unattended technology platforms, reporting on outcomes and escalating issues.
Provisioning of new merchant facilities within the ADVAM gateway.
Warranty repair, replacement, tracking, inventory management & technical support of hardware & software. Onsite support, training upgrades & investigations. System analysis & generation of reports.
· Professional and effective written and verbal communicator
· Analytical problem-solving skills
· Manage the technical support relationship with PARCS vendors
· Liaise with customers/vendors over the telephone and in person
· Respond promptly to customer/vendor support inquiries
· Provide support for unattended hardware onsite & offsite with end customers and PARCS/vending partners
· Prepare & maintain appropriate documentation
· Work with Project Delivery, Sales, Product Specialists & development teams to ensure delivery of customer projects
· Work with Support & Network teams to ensure services are implemented
· Maintain high level of verbal and written correspondence with customers
· Analyze job procedures and make recommendations for improvement
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, work cooperatively and provide quality customer service
· Maintain customer hardware database
· Work with key equipment partners
· Testing, troubleshooting & repair or replacement of electronic system modules
· Perform onsite training & remote maintenance plus upgrades when required
· Understanding of IT & Network principles
· Understanding of unattended payment terminal hardware, applications and payment gateways
· Understanding of parking access and revenue control equipment (PARCS)
· Fault finding - Networking principles, IT hardware, Basic electronics
· Proficient Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel & the use of pivot tables
· Database SQL Experience
· Minimum 5 years background in Electronics or IT
· Analytical problem-solving skills
· Customer service experience in the field or remote locations
We have been delivering industry-leading solutions for the payments, financial and telecommunications industries since 1990. We are the preferred supplier of networking, integrated data and voice services to many leading organizations in the global payments and financial communities, as well as a provider of extensive telecommunications network solutions to service providers.
We are a privately held company with a healthy balance sheet, secure assets and a loyal customer base that includes some of the largest global blue-chip companies in the world. Many of the world’s leading companies continue to count on us as their primary provider of a range of networking and communication services, enabling them to expand regionally, nationally and globally. We provide services to customers in over 60 countries throughout the world.
We manage some of the largest real-time community networks in the world, enabling industry participants to simply and securely interact and transact with other businesses, to access the data and applications they need, over managed and secure communications platforms. Our existing footprint supports millions of connections and provide access to critical databases. Our network securely blends private and public networking to enable customers to utilize a single connection for "one-to-many" and "many-to-many"connections over a global platform.
Since our launch we have helped our customers and communities of interest, requiring secure and reliable communications solutions, to evolve from legacy to leading-edge technologies. Today the company provides a full range of services from dedicated connections to managed IP network solutions, providing local support and global reach to medium and large enterprises and service providers.
Applicants are encouraged to submit an electronic resume when applying for our positions. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Metro's Office of Real Estate and Parking is seeking to hire an experienced Project Manager to oversee the capital projects for the transit authority's parking portfolio. This position will focus on parking facilities' maintenance and inspection programs for a large, complex parking operation as well as coordinate with Metro's office of engineering and architecture, as well as others, on design and construction plans for parking facility rehabilitations and other projects. Other responsibilities for this position are to review design plans submitted by Metro's private real estate development partners to ensure Metro's safe access to parking is ensured and properly planned and designed. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and broad knowledge and experience in the following areas;
- Reviews of concept development plans, design drawings, and traffic studies and plans
- Design, construction and/or maintenance of large parking facilities and structures
- Experience developing and reviewing project budgets
- Experience overseeing garage inspections and/or construction
- Identifying safety hazards and compliance
This position will also require the incumbent to travel within the Washington region along the Metrorail system conduct field visits of Metro's parking portfolio.
Interested candidates should visit www.wmata.com/careers, and apply to Job Opening 200331.
As part of our ongoing expansion and commitment to the US market, we are seeking to hire a Field Service Technician to join our team working out of our SoCal office located in Santa Ana, CA. This position will service PARCS in the local market in a direct capacity to provide support services to the Distribution Network throughout the continental US.
- Resolve installations, contract services, and service calls as practicably possible; this includes scheduling, parts, and coordination of subsequent activities to ensure accurate and timely task completion.
- Work with, and sometimes function as, Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of new system installations, system expansions, and replacement systems.
- Provide training, trouble-shooting, and configuration assistance via remote online computer support of software applications and Operating Systems (30%); on-site support/installation services for end-user accounts (50%); in-house system provisioning, testing, and repairs (20%).
- Perform regular preventative maintenance services on existing customer equipment.
- Perform workshop repairs and prepare the staging of new system implementations.
- Escalate technical matters to the Service Manager to ensure prompt resolution.
- Assist in the performance of regular equipment, parts, and materials inventory.
- Ensure processes are adequately followed with regards to purchasing, project & service work order completion, personal expense reporting, and required paperwork & documentation.
- Work with appropriate Sales Account Manager and General Manager to ensure that contractual levels of service are met.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with customers.
- Champion products and be an active ambassador of our Company and its Values.
- Work together with other team members to ensure customer requests are actioned effectively and efficiently.
- Be a contributing and productive member of the team.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have practical application knowledge in electronics, networking, and integrated systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and LAN/ WAN connectivity competency. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification preferred.
- Possess creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to negotiate and provide conflict resolutions.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of MS SQL.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED) required.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience within the parking control systems industry, building access/alarm systems industry, remote center systems industry, or other related industry.
- Valid driver’s license, Passport, personal vehicle, and clean driving record required.
- Proficiency in LAN/WAN network connectivity and basic knowledge of network protocols.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Office Software Suites.
- Available to travel within the continental United States and stay overnight as required to ensure that installation and support outcomes are delivered to our clients (travel commitment up to 40%).
- Able to work flexible hours, including rotating weekends, to ensure delivery commitments to our customers are met.
Competitive salary $70-80k, health benefits, 401k, and vehicle allowance.
Find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McCain, Inc. is a transportation solutions provider fueled by an expert team of talented, passionate people. Together, we are driven to transform the traffic industry and change lives, one solution at a time.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team! The Product Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Parking product line. This includes defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, working closely with sales, engineering, project management and support to ensure customer and revenue goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the Company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Experience in the parking industry is strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to lead a team.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in either a technical or business field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management or a similar customer-facing role.
- 2+ years’ experience and a strong ability to manage a team, promote teamwork, push for task ownership, and personal initiative.
- Ability to be flexible, handle multiple tasks, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with customers and all levels of personnel in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestic and international via vehicle and/or plane.
- Passport required for international travel.
What's in it for you?
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful team members.
- Benefits package to support you and your family’s health. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care.
- Educational reimbursement to help keep your career updated.
- Save money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, other amusement parks, movies, indoor skydiving and so much more with our employee discount program.
- Paid time off, holidays, company-matched 401(k) plan and more!
If this is what you are looking for and you meet the minimum requirements, submit your resume to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/266448 indicating Product Manager, Parking in the subject line. McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify. For more information, please visit www.mccain-inc.com